Of all the groups hit hard by the Great Recession, Baby Boomers age 50+ have been hit the hardest. We saw our life savings decimated and our home equity evaporate. Now instead of looking forward to retirement, we wonder how we will merely survive. Many will postpone retirement, but many have also lost their jobs or seen their businesses go under. Our homes are upside down on their mortgages and foreclosures are rampant. At our age, there is not sufficient time to make up these losses. Don’t expect sympathy. No one is going to bail us out. Rather, we have to step back, assess what we have left and formulate new retirement plans.
Based on in-depth research and soul-searching feedback from Baby Boomers just like you, this book is for the two-thirds of middle-age Boomers whose lives and retirement plans have been turned upside down by the Great Recession. It opens your eyes to new opportunities and expands your options. An enlightened view of "retirement" and alternatives for achieving it are presented. You will discover that you can still enjoy a fulfilling retirement regardless of the financial destruction wrought by the Recession. Free resources and proven strategies being used by other Boomers are presented within these pages. This is your personal guide to not just survival, but salvaging a meaningful and comfortable retirement lifestyle regardless of your financial situation. In short, it shows you “how to make lemonade out of lemons” by:
• Helping you to re-evaluate your expectations and define retirement in terms of fulfillment, security and comfortability rather than through a prism of how much money you have left in your nest egg.
• Realistically assessing what assets you have – or will have – to support your retirement. Identifying income resources that you might not know exist. Looking at successful means others are employing to generate supplemental income during retirement.
• Innovative strategies being used by thousands of Boomers in your situation to overcome their set-backs.
• Exploring retirement alternatives, such as the pros and cons of retiring abroad where the dollar goes a lot further.
• Simple ways to stretch your dollars without sacrificing the quality of your retirement life.
• Examples of how others have overcome obstacles to enjoy rewarding retirements.
After consuming these pages, you will have traded despair for hope and determination. You will have a new perspective and awareness of the many free tools and resources are available to assist you in creating an exciting retirement plan. Confidence and a positive outlook towards the future will be your reward.